[Rose_City_Chapter] June chapter minutes

jerry.hathaway2 at frontier.com jerry.hathaway2 at frontier.com
Sat Jul 13 21:43:07 UTC 2024

I am putting the minutes from our June chapter meeting below. If you will
please read them and let me know if there any changes, or corrections, or if
the minutes look good to you.

NFBO Rose City Chapter

Minutes June 15, 2024

                Kirk called the chapter meeting to order and members
attending the meeting were: Kirk, Jerry Hathaway, Joy Relton, Carolyn Brock,
Angel Ray, Cody Hermeling, Jim Portillo, Marcie Knudson, Jeff Anderson,
Mayra, Urijah, & Manny Gonzalez. We had two guests attending the meeting and
they are Carmon, and Onder. Kirk asked members attending the meeting for our
Introductions Icebreaker May 24 marked 200 years since the invention of
Braille. Please share with us how Braille has impacted your life. Joy Relton
made a motion to have the minutes from our May chapter meeting be approved
as distributed with Jeff Anderson seconding the motion and the motion was
passed by the members attending the meeting. Joy Relton gave the Treasurer
report with a beginning balance of $1,643.64 and the ending balance is
$1,631.64. Jerry Hathaway made a motion to have the Treasurer report be
approved as read with Angel Ray seconding the motion and the motion was
passed by the members attending the meeting. Kirk read the names of the four
committee that was created at our last chapter meeting and asked if any
members wanted to join any of the committees. Kirk remind members that our
state convention will be in October and that the Rose City chapter is the
host chapter. He and Joy Relton who is working on organizing the convention
mention two areas that the chapter can help with state convention. Kirk told
members that he had posted on our list serve information about the
membership portal. Angel Ray gave an update about our social activity at the
Portland Art museum. Cody Hermeling gave a report about the upcoming
Portland city counsel meeting. Kirk played the Presidential release for
June. Kirk adjourned the chapter meeting.

Submitted by:

Jerry Hathaway, Secretary