[NFB-Oregon-Announce] Oregon Bell Acaademy Canceled

Carla McQuillan president at nfb-oregon.org
Tue Jun 14 15:48:22 UTC 2022

Hello Members,

I am sad  to inform you that our Bell Academy team has decided to cancel our 2022 Bell Academy because of low registration.  We chose the June dates because Craig Cooper was available to be our teacher at that time.  Unfortunately, there were other programs and camps sponsored by the Regional Programs that drew students away from our Bell Academy.

We plan to have a full day training for our members in the early spring of 2023, so we can all get a jump on the 2023 program.  This training will be in conjunction with our Legislative Seminar in Salem.  This Seminar is typically the first weekend in March.  We would invite anyone who is interested in helping out with Bell on Saturday, and our Legislative portion of the weekend will be on Sunday, followed by the meetings at the Capitol on Monday.

I am sorry this occurred, but we thought it best to focus on next year.

Carla McQuillan
President,
National Federation of the
Blind of Oregon