[NFB-Oregon-Announce] Auction items and door prizes for convention

Carla McQuillan president at nfb-oregon.org
Sun Nov 7 19:00:54 UTC 2021

Greetings,

We are less than a week away from our State Convention. I have not heard from many people about the auction items and door prizes that have been collected for convention.  Please send me that information as soon as possible.

I have been asked how we are managing the auction for people on Zoom.  Here’s the plan:

The auctioneer will announce and describe the item, along with the estimated value.  The auctioneer will start the bidding at an amount, say $20.  Anyone on Zoom who wants to pay $20, will raise their hand.  People in the room will stand or say their name.  The auctioneer will increase by $5, $10, or whatever is appropriate for the item.  People who are still interested in bidding that amount, will either keep their hand raised, or lower it.  People in the room, will either sit down if they are no longer interested, or not say their name again for that bid.  When we get down to 3-5 bidders, we will finish with a live auction between the people still interssted, whether on Zoom or in the room.

We need your items please.  Thanks for soliciting donations.

Carla McQuillan
President,
National Federation of the
Blind of Oregon