[Rose_City_Chapter] February chapter minutes

jerry.hathaway2 at frontier.com jerry.hathaway2 at frontier.com
Tue Mar 12 19:24:58 UTC 2024

I am pasting the minutes from our February chapter meeting. Please let me
know if there any changes or corrections or if the minutes look good to you.

NFBO Rose City Chapter

Minutes February 17, 2024

                Kirk called the meeting to order at 10:30 AM. Members
attending the meeting in person were: Kirk Wagner, Tracey Boyd, Alice
Campbell, Carolyn Brock and Cody Hemerling. Members attending by phone are
Jerry Hathaway, Joy Relton, Ryan McBee, Mayra & Manny Gonzalez, and Angel
Ray. Kirk asked  members as they introduce themselves How has the NFB
changed your life? Tracy Boyd made a motion to have the minutes from our
December chapter minutes be approved as distributed and Alice Campbell
second the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the
meeting. Joy Relton husband Gary read the Treasurer's report with a
beginning balance on December 16, 2023 of $805.71 and the ending balance on
February 17, 2024 of $1,472.08. Cody Hemerling made a motion to have the
Treasurer's report for January and February be approved as read with Ryan
McBee seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the members
attending the meeting. Kirk mention of speakers from the community that we
will and may have at future meetings as Ride Wise Travel Instructor, air
conditioner program, Greshem guide dog school and others that members may
suggest. Kirk has found out that we can bring food to our meeting, but we
cannot have food catered. Ryan McBee will make up a list of current local
Senators & House of representative's from the zip codes of our chapter
members list that Jerry Hathaway will send to him. Members told of their
experiences of going to national convention. A couple of members told us
about their experiences of attending a school for the blind. Kirk played the
Presidential release for February. Kirk adjourn the chapter meeting.

Submitted by:

Jerry Hathaway, Secretary