[Rose_City_Chapter] Rose City Chapter Meeting Agenda - April, 2024

Kirk Wagner kwagner8197 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 23:07:42 UTC 2024

What:	Rose City Chapter Meeting

When:	Saturday, April 20, 2024
		10:30 am to 12:30 pm Pacific time

Capital One Cafe
625 South West Broadway
Portland, Oregon

Call in number: 605-313-5622
Meeting code: 868-1404
OR
One tap mobile:
6053135622,,,8681404#

Call to order
Introductions / Icebreaker - What legislative action, local or national, has helped you the most as a blind person? Or what new action would you propose and why?
Minutes of the March, 2024 meeting
Treasurer’s report
Ryan’s project of matching members with their congresional representative
Who would you like to see lead a discussion at a future chapter meeting? Please bring your ideas.
Informal get together in August (usual meeting day would be 8/17)
Presidential Release: President Riccobono shares more updates about the 2024 National Convention including the Service Support Provider volunteers, the annual Book Fair, and NAGDU opportunity. Also how employers illegally require driver’s licenses in job applications when driving is not an essential function of the job and how we can combat that. He announces the Teachers of Tomorrow program, the Self-Advocacy Toolkit and Tracking Form for Nonvisual Accessibility, the 2025 Washington Seminar, and more. He also also shares Federation Family news and customary endings.
50/50 drawing
Other items
Adjourn

Anyone wishing to add items to the agenda please contact Kirk Wagner by email not later than Friday, April 19, 2024.

Upcoming events.
May 18 - Next Rose City Chapter meeting

NFB One Minute Message -  The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

NFB Pledge - I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its constitution.