[Rose_City_Chapter] February chapter meeting minutes

Jerry Hathaway jerry.hathaway2 at frontier.com
Tue Feb 15 00:15:45 UTC 2022

I am pasting the minutes from our February chapter meeting. Please take a look at them and let me know if the minutes need changes or corrections or if the minutes look good to you.

NFB of Oregon Rose City Chapter

Meeting Minutes January 15, 2022

                Kirk called the meeting to order at 10:30 AM with the following members attending the meeting: Kirk & Cherri Wagner, Ryan McBee, Jerry Hathaway, Joyce Green, Jerry Garafolo, & Carolyn Brock. We had introductions of the members attending the meeting and Kirk asked members to share a book that has affected and had a meaningful to that member’s life. Carolyn Brock made a motion to have the minutes from our December chapter meeting be approved as distributed with Cherri Wagner seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Cherri Wagner gave the Treasurer’s report with a beginning balance of $983.00 and the ending balance is $971.00. Cherri also reminded members who have not paid their dues that they needed to get them in by February 1, 2022. Jerry Hathaway made a motion to have the Treasurer’s report be approved as read with Joyce Green seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Kirk mention that there is a page on the NFB of Oregon web site for members to pay dues or make donations. Kirk told members the details dealing with Members seminar that will be held March 4-6 in Lebanon, Oregon at the Boulder Falls Inn. Members attending the seminar need to have their reservations completed by February 1, 2022. Kirk brought a discussion about Oral Hall and that Carolyn Brock & Cherri Wagner both have taken a look at Oral Hall’s website and reported on how accessible the website is for blind persons to use it. Through the discussion about Oral Hall we have decided for Kirk to contact somebody in the Vancouver, Washington chapter to see what their concerns and ideas in dealing or participating with Oral Hall in activities, presentations, or fund raisers and that we might join them in participating with Oral Hall. Cherri Wagner gave a report dealing with the proposal in changing our chapter banking account to a credit union. Cherri told us that they have not been able to talk with the credit union due to weather and personal issues and the holiday activities and she hopes to have the information by our February meeting. The IRS told Cherri that it will be prudent to submit a new tax identification form since our last form is very old. Joyce does not remember if if the chapter ever had an tax ID number and she will look to see if she may have a copy. Kirk inform the members that they have reserved a van and Cherri has offered to drive the van for members who will need transportation down to membership seminar. Kirk gave us the dates for Washington Seminar and that it will be all conducted in a virtual platform. Carolyn made a suggestion to have a discussion about Newsline and that she will help by being the person we can use to demonstrate on how Newsline work and how someone can get sign up with Newsline. Kirk said that he will put Newsline on the agenda for our February meeting. Kirk adjourn the meeting at 12:30 PM.

Submitted by:

Jerry Hathaway, Secretary