[Rose_City_Chapter] August chapter meeting minutes

Joyce M. Green green.jm65 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 15 00:55:57 UTC 2021

Jerry, the minutes look good to me.

Joyce

From: Rose_City_Chapter <rose_city_chapter-bounces at nfb-oregon.org> On Behalf
Of Jerry Hathaway via Rose_City_Chapter
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 4:38 PM
To: rosecity chapter listserve <rose_city_chapter at nfb-oregon.org>
Cc: Jerry Hathaway <jerry.hathaway2 at frontier.com>
Subject: [Rose_City_Chapter] August chapter meeting minutes

I am pasting the minutes from our August chapter meeting below. Please take
a look at them and let me know of any corrections or changes or if the
minutes look good to you.

NFBO Rose City Chapter

Minutes August 21, 2021

Kirk called the meeting to order at 10:30 AM. The following members attended
the meeting: Kirk & Cherri Wagner, Ryan McBee, Jerry Hathaway, Joyce Green,
Carolyn Brock, and Jack & Mary Ann Mendez. Kirk asked the members what their
favorite parlor or board game members like to play. Joyce Green made a
motion to have the July meeting minutes approved as circulated and Mary Ann
Mendez second the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending
the meeting. Joyce Green gave the Treasurer's report with a beginning
balance of $898.00 and the ending balance of $886.00. Jerry Hathaway made a
motion to have the Treasurer's report be approved as read with Carolyn Brock
seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the
meeting. Kirk played the Presidential release #507 dated August 1, 2021. We
had a discussion on the merits of having national convention by being there
in person or attending the convention by virtual methods. Kirk told us that
he heard someone from NFB Students Division and heard from the President of
the Virginia Affiliate about the silent online auction program. Kirk gave us
the information that he learn from these two groups about the silent online
auction and the members had a discussion about whether it would be feasible
for our chapter to use this silent online auction to raise funds for the
chapter. It was decided that the silent online auction will be too much for
our small chapter membership to handle at this time and that we keep this
idea to suggest for the state affiliate or when we have a bigger membership
in the chapter to attempt this type of fund raiser. Kirk will send us the
link for the radio public service announcements produced by NFB. Joyce &
Mary Ann brought up that there will be a change of the state convention
location due to the fact that the Village Green was sold and they erase all
convention plans from their calendar which left the Affiliate loose, and the
Affiliate need to find a new location for state convention. Carla is looking
for a new location for state convention. Mary Ann told us that the state
committee is looking at other options for state convention. Kirk adjourned
the meeting.

Submitted by:

Jerry Hathaway, Secretary