[Rose_City_Chapter] August chapter meeting minutes

Jerry Hathaway jerry.hathaway2 at frontier.com
Tue Sep 14 23:37:41 UTC 2021

I am pasting the minutes from our August chapter meeting below. Please take a look at them and let me know of any corrections or changes or if the minutes look good to you.

NFBO Rose City Chapter

Minutes August 21, 2021

Kirk called the meeting to order at 10:30 AM. The following members attended the meeting: Kirk & Cherri Wagner, Ryan McBee, Jerry Hathaway, Joyce Green, Carolyn Brock, and Jack & Mary Ann Mendez. Kirk asked the members what their favorite parlor or board game members like to play. Joyce Green made a motion to have the July meeting minutes approved as circulated and Mary Ann Mendez second the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Joyce Green gave the Treasurer’s report with a beginning balance of $898.00 and the ending balance of $886.00. Jerry Hathaway made a motion to have the Treasurer’s report be approved as read with Carolyn Brock seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Kirk played the Presidential release #507 dated August 1, 2021. We had a discussion on the merits of having national convention by being there in person or attending the convention by virtual methods. Kirk told us that he heard someone from NFB Students Division and heard from the President of the Virginia Affiliate about the silent online auction program. Kirk gave us the information that he learn from these two groups about the silent online auction and the members had a discussion about whether it would be feasible for our chapter to use this silent online auction to raise funds for the chapter. It was decided that the silent online auction will be too much for our small chapter membership to handle at this time and that we keep this idea to suggest for the state affiliate or when we have a bigger membership in the chapter to attempt this type of fund raiser. Kirk will send us the link for the radio public service announcements produced by NFB. Joyce & Mary Ann brought up that there will be a change of the state convention location due to the fact that the Village Green was sold and they erase all convention plans from their calendar which left the Affiliate loose, and the Affiliate need to find a new location for state convention. Carla is looking for a new location for state convention. Mary Ann told us that the state committee is looking at other options for state convention. Kirk adjourned the meeting.

Submitted by:

Jerry Hathaway, Secretary