[NFB-Oregon-Announce] Reminder” Requests for financial Assistance to the National Convention are due to me by this Friday, Marrch 3

Carla McQuillan president at nfb-oregon.org
Mon Feb 27 20:11:11 UTC 2023

Hello Members,

If you would like to attend the National Convention in Houston Texas, July 1-6, and you are in need of financial assistance from the affiliate, please email your requests to me no later than this Friday.  Your letter should include:

* How much are you requesting
* What have you done in your chapter, the affiliate, local or national divisions, or any other contributions you have made to the organization in the past year
* What are you hoping to learn at convention that will benefit the organization

Please note:
All members who receive assistance will be expected to work in the Independence Market, attend all general sessions, as well as appropriate break out sessions and meetings.  Although we have typically awarded “Airline Tickets”, that does not mean that we will pay for any ticket at any price.  Airfare to Houston is very high right now, but I anticipate they will drop.  I would advise that you do not purchase your ticket until you know how much the affiliate is going to offer.

Carla McQuillan
President,
National Federation of the
Blind of Oregon