[Southern_Oregon_Chapter] May meeting minutes

Vivian Smith vcarlilesmith at icloud.com
Mon May 31 16:17:46 UTC 2021

Southern Oregon Chapter

Meeting Minutes

May 1, 2021

The meeting was called to order at 12pm.

Members in attendance

Stephanie, Marv, Katie, Vivian, Patrick, Cathy, John, Don, Corine, Norman,
Minh, Daniel,

Vivian reviewed the minutes from April's meeting. John made a motion to
accept the minutes, Patrick seconded the motion and the motion passed.

Minh reviewed the treasurers report.  Checking account balance, $1,105.58
Saving account balance, $  Patrick made a motion to accept the report, John
seconded the motion and the report passed.

National needs door prizes for National convention.

Please make sure you register. You will need to accept the code of conduct
in order to register.

State convention will be on November 11-13 in cottage Grove.

The presidential release will be on May 4 5pm our time.

National  will have a link to a survey regarding harassment; There will be
zoom meeting on the frequently asked questions, all are welcome.

There will be someone at national convention to talk more about this matter.

We had a guest speaker, Shawna spoke about Non 24 sleep disorder.

This is common in totally blind people, but not only blind.  Light resets
our internal clock, when light does not come into the eye our clock will not
reset normally. Which will cause sleep issues. Such as Not being able to
sleep at night and or falling a sleep during the day.

Our next meeting will be on June 5, at 12pm.

Cathy won the gift card.

Submitted by:

Vivian Carlile-Smith