[Southern_Oregon_Chapter] March meeting minutes

Katie Taylor katiepsych09 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 19:09:13 UTC 2021

Hello Fellow NFB. Members. Here are the minutes for March. Meeting Minutes

Southern Oregon Chapter

National Federation of the Blind

Conference Call

Saturday, March 6, 2021@ 12:00 noon

Meeting called to order: 12:08 p.m.

Katie Taylor conducted our meeting today. Our President,  Stephanie McGary
was not able to join the conference call.

Attendees:

John Brown                                                         Corinne
Vieville

Katie Tayor                                                          Norm
Mainwaring

Cathy Gerlitz                                                       Lynette
Kersey

Chrissie Pierce                                                   Ax Prince

Minutes Read from last meeting:

Our secretary Vivian Carlile-Smith was not on the phone conference call so
the minutes were not read from our last meeting. Cathy Gerlitz offered to
take notes.

Treasurer Report:

Ming Turnbull was not able to stay on the phone conference call so the
treasurer report was not read.

Presidential Release:

Katie Taylor asked for comments from the Presidential release given by Mark
Riggobono. Chrissie mentioned that Mark spoke of silent cars' production.
Katie mentioned that Mark needed all NFB members to read over the Code of
Conduct rules.

Independent Market:

Item this month is a tactical map with the United States. Cost is $250.
Cards are also available in Braille.

The Virtual NFB National Convention is set for July 6 through the 10, 2021.
You will need to register online. Registration is free; however, you may
make a donation to the NFB if you wish. Deadline for registration is May 31,
2021. You need to be sure to check the box that you have read the NFB Code
of Conduct rules. If you plan on voting at the Convention, your dues need to
be paid up.

Chapter Dues are due now:

The deadline is March 15, 2021. If you have not paid, you need to send your
$5 to Stephanie McGary at 2115 Roberts Road Space 1106, Medford, OR 97504.

NFB virtual Washington Seminar:

The Washington virtual seminar had a great turnout! Norm met with
Congressman Bentz and discussed the need for talking devices for medical
equipment for blind individuals in order to be more independent at home. An
example is talking thermometers. Corinne mentioned that home chemo therapy
and dialysis need to be more accessible to the blind as well.

Code of Conduct rules read by Katie:

Katie Taylor read the Code of Conduct rules to all of us who attended the
phone conference. She did a great job! We had some discussion of
clarification.

Drawing for a $5 Starbucks card:

Katie Taylor's name was drawn. Congratulations Katie! The certificate will
be mailed to Katie!

Adjourn:

Katie made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 1:35 p.m.

Our Next Meeting:

Our next meeting will be held on Saturday, April 3, 2021 at 12:00 noon. We
will call in. The phone number is 515-603-3196 and the Access code: 128392

The NFB Pledge:

"I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation
of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution". It has been suggested that we all learn the pledge. This is
also available in Braille monitor.

blindness is not what holds you back.

Together with love, hope, and determination, we transform dreams into
reality.