[Rose_City_Chapter] April chapter meeting minutes

jerry.hathaway2 at frontier.com jerry.hathaway2 at frontier.com
Wed May 15 01:49:25 UTC 2024

I am pasting the minutes from our April chapter meeting below. Please let me
know if there any changes or corrections or if the minutes look good to you.

NFBO Rose City Chapter

Minutes April 20, 2024

                                Kirk called the meeting to order at 10:30
AM. Members attending the meeting in person were: Kirk Wagner, Joy Relton,
Mayra Gonzalez, Alice Campbell, Carolyn Brock, Angel Ray, Marcie Kundson,
and Cody Hermeling. Members attending by phone are Jerry Hathaway, Ryan
McBee, Tracey & Desmond Boyd, and Jeff Anderson. Guest attending the meeting
are Nick Bomalaski and Michael Willingford. For introductions Kirk ask
members What legislative action, local or national, has helped you the most
as a blind person, or what new action would you propose and why? There were
many interesting responses as members gave their answers to this
introduction ice breaker topic. Tracy Boyd made a motion to have the minutes
from the March chapter meeting be approved as sent by the listserve with
Cody Hermeling seconding the motion and the motion was passed by members
attending the meeting. Joy Relton gave the Treasurer's report for March with
a beginning balance of $687.71 and the ending balance of $1,587.64. Desmond
Boyd made a motion to have the Treasurer's report for March be approved as
read with Cody Hermeling seconding the motion and the motion was passed by
the members attending the meeting. Tracy Boyd then gave the Treasurer's
report for April with a beginning balance of $1,587.64 and the ending
balance of $1,574.64. Ryan McBee gave a motion to have the Treasurer's
report for April be approved as read with Angel Ray seconding the motion and
the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Ryan McBee
explained the project of putting together a list of Legislator Senators and
House of representative's by chapter members using the zip codes to see what
districts members live in and who their Senators and House of
representative's and to see if chapter members have the same Senators and
House of representative's district members. Ryan sent this list to our
chapter members listserve. We then had a discussion on how we can use the
Legislator district information to invite Legislator members to our chapter
meeting to talk about Legislative issues that we are concern to improve our
community lifestyles. Kirk ask chapter members what we want to do for a
chapter activity in August instead of a regular chapter meeting and bring
suggestions to later chapter meeting. Kirk played the Presidential release
for April. Cody Hermeling won the 50-50 drawing and he donated it back to
the chapter. Kirk adjourn the chapter meeting.

Submitted by:

Jerry Hathaway, Secretary