[Rose_City_Chapter] NFB Member Portal

Kirk Wagner kwagner8197 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 22:08:56 UTC 2024

Hello everyone,

Last month we chatted some about the NFB Member profile. As it happens Dave Andrews posted a synopsis of the process about a week ago, so I am sharing it here.  At the bottom I added links to a YouTube training video and the link to the login page pf the Member Portal.

"Last fall, the National Federation of the Blind set up the Member Profile, which empowers our current members to make changes to their contact information and preferences. This includes the ability to change the member’s street address, email address and phone number, as well as correct information that may have been incorrect during the onboarding process.

The member would use the email address that only they use. If the member shares an email address, only one profile will be created. For example, if John and Sally Smith share an email address, only Sally will have a profile created for her. The username for the Member Profile is the email address associated with the membership. If the member is unsure of the email address used, the membership coordinator for an entity can provide it. If the member did not activate their profile using the link in the email that was sent out last September, they will need to set a password by going to nfb.org, activating the link called “members,” entering their username, and select the link that says “reset password.” There, the member would simply enter their username, and an email will be sent providing them with instructions on resetting their password.
If the member has trouble accessing their profile, they can reach out to membership at nfb.org, and we can assist.

With the Membership Profile, existing members can make changes that will occur instantly."

Here is the link to the training video on Youtube .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YATbctjjxJ0

Here is the link to the Member Portal log in page.
https://portal.nfb.org/login/home/login

Kirk