[Rose_City_Chapter] updated corrected June chapter minutes

portillo.jim at gmail.com portillo.jim at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 05:22:40 UTC 2024

Great notes!

From: Rose_City_Chapter <rose_city_chapter-bounces at nfb-oregon.org> On Behalf
Of Jerry Hathaway via Rose_City_Chapter
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2024 6:37 PM
To: 'Rose City Chapter, NFB of Oregon List'
<rose_city_chapter at nfb-oregon.org>
Cc: jerry.hathaway2 at frontier.com
Subject: [Rose_City_Chapter] updated corrected June chapter minutes

I am posting a updated corrected chapter minutes from our June chapter
meeting.

NFBO Rose City Chapter

Minutes June 15, 2024

                Kirk called the chapter meeting to order and members
attending the meeting were: Kirk, Jerry Hathaway, Joy Relton, Carolyn Brock,
Angel Ray, Cody Hermeling, Jim Portillo, Marcie Knudson, Jeff Anderson,
Mayra, Urijah, & Manny Gonzalez. We had two guests attending the meeting and
they are Carmon, and Onder. Kirk asked members attending the meeting for our
Introductions Icebreaker May 24 marked 200 years since the invention of
Braille. Please share with us how Braille has impacted your life. Joy Relton
made a motion to have the minutes from our May chapter meeting be approved
as distributed with Jeff Anderson seconding the motion and the motion was
passed by the members attending the meeting. Joy Relton gave the Treasurer
report with a beginning balance of $1,643.64 and the ending balance is
$1,631.64. Jerry Hathaway made a motion to have the Treasurer report be
approved as read with Angel Ray seconding the motion and the motion was
passed by the members attending the meeting. Kirk read the names of the four
committee that was created at our last chapter meeting and asked if any
members wanted to join any of the committees. Kirk remind members that our
state convention will be in October and that the Rose City chapter is the
host chapter. He and Joy Relton who is working on organizing the convention
mention two areas that the chapter can help with state convention. We
discussed specific areas of the upcoming state convention chapter members
can help with. One being swag for those registering and I want to say acting
as greeters. Kirk told members that he had posted on our list serve
information about the membership portal. Angel Ray gave an update about our
social activity at the Portland Art museum. Cody Hermeling gave a report
about the upcoming Portland city counsel meeting. Kirk played the
Presidential release for June. Kirk adjourned the chapter meeting.

Submitted by:

Jerry Hathaway, Secretary