[Rose_City_Chapter] June chapter minutes

Carolyn Brock mmebrock at outlook.com
Thu Jul 18 01:26:53 UTC 2024

Thanks, Jerry, for your hatd work on these minutes.
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 17, 2024, at 18:23, Jerry Hathaway via Rose_City_Chapter <rose_city_chapter at nfb-oregon.org> wrote:

I am reposting the minutes from our June chapter meeting. Please take a look at it and let me know if there are any changes, or corrections, or if the minutes look good to you. The last names to our guest were not given at the meeting and Joy told me the names of a couple of persons at the meeting who did not speak.

NFBO Rose City Chapter
Minutes June 15, 2024

                Kirk called the chapter meeting to order and members attending the meeting were: Kirk, Jerry Hathaway, Joy Relton, Carolyn Brock, Angel Ray, Cody Hermeling, Jim Portillo, Marcie Knudson, Jeff Anderson, Mayra, Urijah, & Manny Gonzalez. We had two guests attending the meeting and they are Carmon, and Onder. Kirk asked members attending the meeting for our Introductions Icebreaker May 24 marked 200 years since the invention of Braille. Please share with us how Braille has impacted your life. Joy Relton made a motion to have the minutes from our May chapter meeting be approved as distributed with Jeff Anderson seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Joy Relton gave the Treasurer report with a beginning balance of $1,643.64 and the ending balance is $1,631.64. Jerry Hathaway made a motion to have the Treasurer report be approved as read with Angel Ray seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Kirk read the names of the four committee that was created at our last chapter meeting and asked if any members wanted to join any of the committees. Kirk remind members that our state convention will be in October and that the Rose City chapter is the host chapter. He and Joy Relton who is working on organizing the convention mention two areas that the chapter can help with state convention. Kirk told members that he had posted on our list serve information about the membership portal. Angel Ray gave an update about our social activity at the Portland Art museum. Cody Hermeling gave a report about the upcoming Portland city counsel meeting. Kirk played the Presidential release for June. Kirk adjourned the chapter meeting.

Submitted by:
Jerry Hathaway, Secretary

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future.  Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Rose_City_Chapter:
http://nfb-oregon.org/mailman/options/rose_city_chapter_nfb-oregon.org/mmebrock%40outlook.com