[Rose_City_Chapter] April chapter meeting minutes

Jerry Hathaway jerry.hathaway2 at frontier.com
Tue May 11 22:01:23 UTC 2021

I am pasting the minutes from our April chapter minutes. Please take a look at them and let me know if there any changes, corrections, or if the minutes look good to you.

NFB of Oregon

Rose Chapter

Meeting Minutes April 17, 2021

                Kirk called the meeting to order at 10:30 AM. Members attending the meeting were Kirk & Cherri Wagner, Ryan McBee, Jerry Hathaway, Joyce Green, Carolyn Brock, Jerry Garafolo, and Jack & Mary Ann Mendez. Kirk asked each member to mention something that we don’t have to do anymore due to technology advances or that has become more difficult or frustrating due to technology. Joyce Green made a motion to accept the March minutes as circulated with Mary Ann Mendez seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Joyce Green gave the Treasurer’s report for April with a beginning balance of $1, 014.00 and the ending balance is $1,002.00. Jerry Hathaway made a motion to have the Treasurer’s report approved as read with Mary Ann Mendez seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Jack has not been able to get ahold of anybody dealing with Newsline. Jerry Hathaway said that he will give Jack some contact person at Newsline. Kirk asked the members if they are getting e-mails from national office and from President Mark Riccobono. Kirk reminded members of the Code of Conduct meeting. Joyce Green told us how impressed that she is with our President Mark Riccobono has done so much work to solve the problem of member conduct and victimizing members in the NFB. Kirk told us that the state affiliate board are taking the RAINN training which is the vendor who is helping our organization to improve leadership in dealing with these type of situations that might come up in our chapter and affiliates. Carolyn brought a weird incident that she had with a person that wanted to said that she had mythical healing powers and Carolyn wanted to know if she had handled the situation well and members said that she handle it as well as she possibly could in this situation. Kirk suggested that any member bring topics to talk about situations or blindness problems or issues that they come across to ask to put it on the agenda to be discuss at a chapter meeting. It was suggested that we postpone discussing the article in the Braille Monitor “Walking While Blind in Manhattan During the Pandemic” by Peter Slatin (March, 2021 issue at our May chapter meeting. Kirk played the April Presidential release. Kirk then adjourn the chapter meeting.

Submitted by:

Jerry Hathaway, Secretary