[Rose_City_Chapter] Rose City Chapter Meeting Minutes - May, 2020 (Corrected)

Kirk Wagner kwagner8197 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 20:12:26 UTC 2020

Meeting minutes, Rose City Chapter - May 16, 2020 (corrected)

Meeting was called to order at 10:30 a. m. by Kirk Wagner via conference call.

Members present: Carolyn Brock Jerry Garafolo, Joyce Green, Jerry Hathaway, Ryan McBee, MaryAnn Mendez and Kirk Wagner.

Guest: Jack Mendez

Minutes of the April, 2020 meeting were played. Motion to approve made and seconded followed by vote by members present to approve.

Treasurer's Report:  Joyce Green reported beginning balance May 16, 2020 - $1,173.44
Ending balance - $1,216.44. Motion to approve made and seconded followed by vote by members present to approve.

We discussed the use of Zoom for chapter meeting conference calls. Several expressed concern about the complexity of Zoom compared to Free Conference Call which we are using now. Jack Memdez, an experienced user of the platform, offered a number of helpful suggestions. It is believed we can make the switch transparent so those who want to use a call in number and access code can continue to do so. NFB of Oregon has a Zoom account for business and was used during Portland Central Chapter's May meeting. Kirk will reach out to
Carla McQuillan concerning the chapter use of the account.

Kirk described the tentative plans for NFB of Oregon members and guests to meet at Phoenix Inn and Suites in Eugene for virtual portions of the 2020 NFB National Convention. The event would begin the afternoon of Thursday July 16 and finish Saturday evening July 18. Food and hotel costs would be covered by the affiliate, transportation would not be covered. It is, of course uncertain if our organization would be allowed to hold a meeting in Lane County at that time. Carla McQuillan believes we could work with a limit of 25 attendees if need be. More information to come.

Jerry Hathaway pointed out Saturday, July 18 conflicts with Rose City Chapter meeting that month.

Presidential Release #494, dated May 1, 2020 was played.

MaryAnn asked about the affiliate's gift card raffle. Kirk said Oregon Department of Justice regulates gambling and raffles in our state. He and First Vice President Kristen Jocums have  correspond with their representative. Raffle ticket sales must be to participants within Oregon, so we will not be able to sell raffle tickets on the NFB of Oregon website as hoped. We are working to determine what can be done. No decision has been reached at this time.

Ryan McBee thanked everyone for joining the meeting today. Kirk echoed that and added we have the most loyal members anywhere.

Meeting adjourned at 12:10 PM

Respectfully submitted,
Kirk ranger