[Rose_City_Chapter] This Saturday's Meeting

Kirk Wagner kwagner8197 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 22:18:31 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

The agenda for this week’s chapter meeting will go out to you next and will look a little different. I would like for the chapter members to use Zoom for our meetings until we can meet in person again. Our organization has embraced the use of the service for many reasons; not the least of which is it is highly accessible. Many events during National Convention will use Zoom, so I am hopeful our chapter members who haven’t tried it yet will give it a shot. So, Saturday will be your opportunity. Use of the Zoom account for chapter meetings is donated so there is no cost to Rose City Chapter.

There are four ways to join a Zoom meeting. Using dial in, one tap noble, entering the meeting ID and the “join Zoom meeting link”. The first option requires only a touch tone phone and works similar to Free Conference Call. The last three options require the Zoom app installed on a smart phone, tablet or computer. Once installed though, attending a meeting is as easy as clicking a link in email and the audio is so much better!!  The agenda will have two dial in numbers (you can use either number) and one meeting ID. This is similar to what you are use to seeing on the agenda. In a couple of days I will send the Zoom meeting invite which will include all four ways to join the meeting.

Please don’t forget to read the Braille Monitor article before Saturday’s meeting.

Let me know if you have questions.

Kirk