[Rose_City_Chapter] June Chapter minutes

Jerry Hathaway jerry.hathaway2 at frontier.com
Wed Jul 22 21:23:12 UTC 2020

I am copying the minutes from our June chapter meeting and putting in the message  below. Please let me know by Friday if you find any corrections or changes to the minutes so I can get it ready to play on Saturday.
Jerry Hathaway, Secretary

NFB of Oregon

Rose City Chapter

Minutes June 20, 2020

                Kirk called the the meeting to order at 10:30 AM. The following persons attended the meeting: Kirk Wagner, Ryan McBee, Jerry Hathaway, Joyce Green, Carolyn Brock, MaryAnn Mendez and her husband Jack Mendez who is a visitor. Kirk played the minutes from our May chapter meeting. Motion was made to approve the minutes with a minor correction and seconded followed by vote by members present to approve. Joyce gave the Treasurer’s report with a beginning balance of $1,216.44 and an ending balance of $1,188.44. Motion was made to approve and seconded followed by vote by members present to approve the Treasurer’s report. Kirk mention to the members who were planning to go down Oregon Seminar to view National Convention needed to register by using the form on the Oregon affiliate website by Monday June22, 2020. We decided to move our July chapter meeting to the fourth Saturday July 25th due the fact that our regular chapter meeting will be on the same day as the final day of national convention. We had a discussion about the Braille Monitor article “Audible Traffic Signals: The Technology, the Reality and the Possibilities” that was suggested by Kirk for us to read and talk about the article at our chapter meeting. Kirk asked is somebody wanted to suggest a Braille Monitor article for us to read and discuss at our chapter meeting and Joyce agree that she will pick out a article for us to discuss at our next chapter meeting. Kirk played the June Presidential release. Kirk then adjourned the meeting.

Submitted by:

Jerry Hathaway, Secretary