[Rose_City_Chapter] November chapter minutes

Carolyn Brock mmebrock at outlook.com
Wed Dec 16 04:21:46 UTC 2020

Looks OK to me.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 15, 2020, at 19:30, Jerry Hathaway via Rose_City_Chapter <rose_city_chapter at nfb-oregon.org> wrote:

I am pasting the minutes from our November chapter meeting below. Please take a look at them and let me know if there are any changes or corrections or if you think the minutes look good.

NFB of Oregon
Rose City Chapter
Minutes November 21, 2020

                Kirk Wagner called the virtual meeting to order at 10:30 AM. Members attending the meeting were: Kirk & Cherri Wagner, Ryan McBee, Jerry Hathaway, Joyce Green, Carolyn Brock,& Jack &
Mary Ann Mendez. Carolyn Brock made a motion to approve the minutes that were distributed by e-mail and Joyce Green second the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Joyce Green gave the Treasurer’s report with a beginning balance of $1,093.44 and the ending balance is $1,146.44. Carolyn Brock made a motion to approve the Treasurer’s report as read with Jerry Hathaway seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Members who attended the virtual state convention gave their thoughts, observations, & experiences about the virtual state convention. Cherri Wagner made a motion for the Rose City chapter propose to the board of the National Federation of the Blind of Oregon donate $250.00 to the Freedom Scientific more than ever matching grant with Joyce Green seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Joyce Green made a motion for the Rose City chapter to donate $50.00 to the Freedom Scientific more than over matching grant program with Mary Ann Mendez seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Mary Ann Mendez chair a discussion on finding ways to improve and increase blind persons in Oregon to use the Newsline system program. Jack & Mary Ann Mendez said that they will contact national Newsline person to get information, facts  & figures about Newsline for Oregon, contact Oregon Talking Book and Braille library & Commission for the Blind that we are trying t increase awareness about Newsline in Oregon, Jerry Hathaway to update the Oregon Newsline channel and chapter members to think of ideas that will help to improve Newsline service in Oregon and report by our January or February chapter meeting. Kirk will send the link for the November Presidential release link to the chapter listserve for members that wish to listen to it. We decided to have a short chapter meeting in December and then those who wish to socialize after the meeting portion is over. Kirk had Ryan McBee run the election for the office of president of the chapter. Kirk Wagner was nominated as president and Kirk Wagner was elected President of the chapter by the members attending the meeting. Kirk then ran the elections for the rest of the offices of the chapter. Ryan McBee was nominated for Vice-President and Ryan McBee was elected Vice-President of the chapter by the members attending the meeting. Jerry Hathaway was nominated for the office of Secretary of the chapter and Jerry Hathaway was elected Secretary by the members attending the meeting. Joyce Green was nominated for the office of Treasurer and Joyce Green was elected Treasurer by the members attending the meeting. Kirk adjourn the meeting.

Submitted by:
Jerry Hathaway, Secretary

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future.  Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Rose_City_Chapter:
http://nfb-oregon.org/mailman/options/rose_city_chapter_nfb-oregon.org/mmebrock%40outlook.com