[NFB-Oregon-Announce] Enroll to Vote at the Oregon State Convention

president at nfb-oregon.org president at nfb-oregon.org
Thu Sep 10 15:40:21 UTC 2020

Hello,

I hope this email finds you well and safe from all the fires.

The Annual Convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Oregon is scheduled to take place the weekend of November 14 in Cottage Grove.  While we are still hopeful that we can meet in person, there will be an option to participate virtually.

Those of you who attended the National Convention may have used the Swift Voting Platform, which allows people to vote by phone.  It is simple:
1) Enroll to vote by tapping the link below
	You will just enter your name, state, and the phone number you plan to use for voting during the convention.
2) We will verify that you are a dues paid member of a chapter or the Affiliate.  Only dues paid member’s votes will be counted.
3) Prior to convention, and during convention,you will receive the phone number designated for the Oregon Convention.
4) Put the number in your contacts so it is easy to text or call in your vote.  We will give 2 minutes for each vote taken, to give everyone enough time to vote.

Important Note:  You MUST be enrolled to vote no later than October 20.  This is a hard deadline.  The system doesn’t allow for exceptions.  You can enroll now, even though we have not posted Convention Registration.  We plan to use this system, even for those attending in person.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call.

I hope you will all be at the convention. This could be the largest Oregon State Convention yet!

https://www.nfbvote.org/

Carla McQuillan
President,
National Federation of the