[NFB-Oregon-Announce] Fwd: Calling all parents

president at nfb-oregon.org president at nfb-oregon.org
Wed Oct 28 18:06:00 UTC 2020

Please see the message from our Parent’s Division President:

Carla McQuillan
President,
National Federation of the
Blind of Oregon
Bell Academy
Training and Branding
541-653-9153

Calling all  parents,
Great news! The first lady of the national Federation of the blind, Melissa Riccobono, has graciously excepted our invitation to join us for our parents seminar November 14, 2020!
The parents division is inviting all  parents to join us.
We had our parents division meeting last night and topics for Melissa to cover were discussed. We came up with topics such as:
 distance-learning, strategies and useful methods of accessing and accessible materials or platforms.
Socialization ways to keep your kids socialized with their peers during the current shelter in place orders.
Advocating for your children or for yourself to receive accessible materials on platforms  while assisting your children.
The board is asking the parents, to come up with questions, you may have for Melissa. Please either text me
503-780-8089
Or text Celyn
  ‭503-970-8697‬ or email your questions to
nfboparentsdivision at gmail.com
By the week of November 5, 2020.
Remember the seminar is for you, so please ask questions that are of interest to you.

Warmly,
Tracy Boyd MA CMHC LPC registered intern
President
National Federation of the Blind
Oregon Parents Division
"If you want to go fast go alone, if you want to go far go together.”
-proverb Good morning parents,