[NFB-Oregon-Announce] Fwd: Get on the cookie plan

president at nfb-oregon.org president at nfb-oregon.org
Sat Nov 7 20:56:17 UTC 2020

Here is a messager from our Portland Central Chapter:

Carla McQuillan
President,
National Federation of the
Blind of Oregon
Bell Academy
Training and Branding
541-653-9153
Get on the Christmas Cookie Pack Plan!
Join blind entrepreneur and NFB’s Portland Central Chapter secretary, Carina in celebrating the holidays and the possibilities for blind individuals. Carina owns and manages Carina’s Bakery, a three year old storefront in Beaverton whose Scandinavian style vegan (and many gluten free) goodies empower 7 employees who put the ability in disability. You won’t believe they’re vegan, so order a pack of cookies and cozy up with your NFB family for a virtual celebration of what’s possible this holiday season.

Your purchase will not only help Carina’s Bakery, but also support the Portland Central Chapter. Your $10 cookie purchase will include a donation of at least $1 to the chapter (more depending on final costs), and include 4 cookies that are a mix of customer favorites and festive varieties. The price includes shipping cost to anywhere within Oregon, and should arrive in time for you to join our virtual holiday party on December 2nd during our normal chapter meeting.

If you’re looking for a little more holiday cheer, you can also buy a Pastry Pack! For $25 or $50, you can get 3 or 8 servings of Carina’s best selling, shippable treats like her addictive, moist almond cake. These goodies will be packed and shipped with care in early December and will lead to a minimum $5 donation each.

To order, call Carina at 503-339-3187 or direct a PayPal payment with shipping instructions to hello at carinasbakery.com
--
___
NFB One minute message: The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

Warmly,
Tracy Boyd MA CMHC LPC registered intern
"We must not allow other people's limited perceptions to define us." Virginia Satir