[NFB-Oregon-Announce] Convention Activities and Information

president at nfb-oregon.org president at nfb-oregon.org
Tue Jul 7 17:10:42 UTC 2020

Hello Everyone,

National Convention is just a week away!  Many of you registered for convention, and many more will be listening in.  We have a few things planned for our Oregon Members, in addition to the convention Agenda.

Thursday, July 16
A small group of our members will be gathering in Eugene to experience convention together.  That will begin with the opening ceremonies at 3:30.
After adjournment of that session, the group will have dinner.  At 7:30 we will host a state activity/discussion until 8:30 or 9.  I will be sending out the Zoom information early next week.

Friday, July 17
9:00  Oregon Caucus
All Affiliates will be holding caucuses at this time. This will be a chance for members to discuss Resolutions and any other convention related matters.  Zoom info to come..
7:30:  Oregon Activity/Discussion.  Zoom info to come.

Saturday, July 18
10 AM: General Sessions Begin
National will be dropping in on several of the Banquet Parties,, and I have sent in our information, so we should expect to be visited during the Banquet.  Those at the Eugene Gathering are enncouraged to wear your Banquet finery. We will be experiencing the Banquet from my house, where there is plenty of room to social distance.
7:30 Oregon Activity/Discussion

I have received several suggestions and ideas about the evening activities.  Please keep in mind that we want to include everyone who wants to participate, not just those in person.  Some of the suggestions I got would not be easy to do remotely.

Take Care, and I will see some of you next week!

Carla McQuillan
President,
National Federation of the
Blind of Oregon