[Rose_City_Chapter] Announcing the Rose City Chapter Board Meeting

Kirk Wagner kwagner8197 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 00:33:42 UTC 2024

Hello everyone,

On Wednesday evening, May 1 we will start something that may not have been done in our chapter before. I am calling it Rose City Chapter Board Meeting. Each of the four elected chapter officers have confirmed their availability and we are inviting other members of the chapter as well.

There are two topics on the agenda so far. The first is standing chapter committees. Examples are fund raising, social events, membership, legislative, and community outreach. There’s more. If that isn’t your thing we also are looking for members to act as greeters and lend a hand before and during meetings such as escort folks from the coffee bar upstairs to our meeting location so the cafe staff doesn’t have to do it. Ideally each chapter member should have a committee position or a job during meetings. It helps keep members engaged and coming back.

The second agenda item is ways to improve the flow of our meetings. Yes, having in-person and by phone meetings are a challenge. I have received suggestions on each of these topics. This is your chapter so we want you to have a say.

The board meeting will be Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. on Zoom, we’plan to close not later than 8:00 p.m. I’ll send the Zoom information on Tuesday, April 30.

Hope to See you Wednesday evening,

Kirk