[Rose_City_Chapter] February chapter meeting minutes

Jerry Hathaway jerry.hathaway2 at frontier.com
Wed Mar 15 00:56:41 UTC 2023

I am pasting the minutes from our February chapter meeting. Please take a look at them and let me know of any changes or corrections or if the minutes look good to you.

NFB of Oregon Rose city Chapter

Minutes February 18, 2023

                Kirk called the chapter meeting to order at 10:30 AM. Members attending the meeting were: Kirk & Cherri Wagner, Ryan McBee, Jerry Hathaway, Joy Relton, and Carolyn Brock. Guest attending the meeting is Tom Evans from Hanford, California. Members introduced themselves  by telling us about their favorite tech item and why. Cherri Wagner made a motion to have the January chapter minutes be approve as distributed and the motion was seconded by Carolyn Brock and the motion was passed by members attending the meeting. Joy Relton gave the Treasurer’s report with a beginning balance of $885.71 and the ending balance is $873.71. Cherri Wagner made a motion to have the Treasurer’s report be approved as read with Carolyn Brock seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Joy Relton is still trying to get hold of members who have not paid dues for this year. Kirk has not schedule a meeting with the members on the meeting location committee, but will work on getting the committee meeting schedule soon to work on finding a new chapter meeting location. We had a discussion about the Oregon affiliate giving a propose donation of $50,000 for the Museum of the Blind People’s Movement. Cherri Wagner suggested and Joy Relton said she would write a proposal to be taken to the membership seminar of the chapter feelings and concerns dealing with the donation proposal for the Museum of the Blind People’s Movement. Kirk played the Presidential release for February. Kirk adjourned the meeting.

Submitted by:

Jerry Hathaway, Secretary