[Rose_City_Chapter] September & October chapter minutes

Jerry Hathaway jerry.hathaway2 at frontier.com
Wed Nov 16 02:26:30 UTC 2022

I am enclosing the minutes from our September & October chapter meetings. Please take a look at them and let me know if there any changes or corrections or if the minutes look good to you.

NFBO Rose City Chapter

Minutes September 17, 2022

                Kirk called the meeting to order at 10:30 AM. Members attending the meeting were: Kirk & Cherri Wagner, Ryan McBee, Jerry Hathaway, Carolyn Brock and Jerry Garafolo. Tom Evans from Hanford, California visiting as a guest again. Kirk asked members what charities they would create or contribute as an introduction question. Cherri Wagner gave the Treasurer’s report for August and September. The beginning balance for August was $1,043.71 and the ending balance for August is $1,031.71 and the beginning balance for September was $1,031.71 and the ending balance is $1,019.71. Carolyn Brock made a motion to have the Treasurer’s report for August and September be approve as read with Jerry Hathaway seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Cherri Wagner remind members that dues for 2023 can be sent to her starting in October or by using the NFBO online donation form to pay dues and to give donations. Cherri Wagner made a motion to have the minutes from the August chapter meeting be approved as distributed with Carolyn Brock seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Kirk gave us information about state convention which will be in October in Medford. We had a discussion on giving financial assistance to the members that will be attending state convention. Jerry Hathaway made a motion for the chapter to give $100.00 each to Kirk & Cherri Wagner and Ryan McBee to assist cover for the hotel room at state convention with Carolyn Brock seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Kirk suggested that the chapter give a gift basket to be given at state convention for an auction item. Cherri Wagner made a motion that the chapter purchase a gift box for $32.00 from Mount Hood Roasters to be auction at state convention with Carolyn Brock seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Ryan made a motion for the chapter to purchase a $25.00 gift card from Kroger to be use for a door prize at state convention with Cherri Wagner seconding the motion and the motion was passed by members attending the meeting. Ryan McBee said that he will be donating 4 gift cards from Star Bucks to be use as door prizes at state convention. Kirk played the Presidential release for September. Kirk inform the chapter that he will be running again for Treasurer of the state affiliate and members of the chapter thank him for this decision and gave their appreciation for his service as state affiliate Treasurer. Kirk adjourn the chapter meeting.

Submitted by:

Jerry Hathaway, Secretary

NFBO Rose City Chapter

Minutes October 15, 2022

                Kirk called the meeting to order at 10:30 AM. Members attending the meeting were: Kirk & Cherri Wagner, Jerry Hathaway, Joyce Green, and Jack & Mary Ann Mendez. Tom Evans from Hanford, California visiting as a guest again. Kirk asked member what our favorite late October tradition that we like to celebrate. Joyce Green made a motion to have the minutes from our September meeting table until our November meeting with Mary Ann Mendez seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Cherri Wagner gave the Treasurer’s report with a beginning balance of $1,019.71 and the ending balance is $905.71. Joyce Green made a motion to have the Treasurer’s report approve as read with Jerry Hathaway seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Cherri remind members that she is accepting dues for 2023 and donations for the chapter and asked Kirk to send the reminder to the listserve that members can send checks to their home address or use the online donation form on the state affiliate website. Kirk told us that he is donating the amount of the coffee that he order to be auction at our state convention and not be re-reimburse for the coffee. Kirk also told us that he will be donating the Kroger gift card that the chapter decided to give to be used as a door prize at state convention. Cherri Wagner said that she had a $30 gift card from Kroger and said that we will use that gift card as door prize instead getting the gift card for $25.00. Kirk told us the members that will be going to state convention and he felt that the convention will be a good convention. Kirk played the Presidential release for October. Kirk adjourn the chapter meeting.

Submitted by:

Jerry Hathaway Secretary