[Rose_City_Chapter] November chapter minutes

joy.relton at icloud.com joy.relton at icloud.com
Mon Dec 5 17:01:35 UTC 2022

Looks good to me.

From: Rose_City_Chapter <rose_city_chapter-bounces at nfb-oregon.org> On Behalf
Of Jerry Hathaway via Rose_City_Chapter
Sent: Sunday, December 4, 2022 7:01 PM
To: rosecity chapter listserve <rose_city_chapter at nfb-oregon.org>
Cc: Jerry Hathaway <jerry.hathaway2 at frontier.com>
Subject: [Rose_City_Chapter] November chapter minutes

I am pasting the minutes from our November chapter meeting. Please take a
look at them and let me know of any changes, corrections, or if the minutes
look good to you.

NFB of Oregon Rose city Chapter

Minutes November 19, 2022

               Kirk called the meeting to order at 10:30 AM. Members
attending the meeting were Kirk & Cherri Wagner, Ryan McBee, Jerry Hathaway,
Carolyn Brock, and Joy Relton. Guests attending the meeting are Tom Evans
from Hanford, California, and Natalie Charbonneau, Affiliate Diversity and
Inclusion Chair. Natalie Charbonneau, Affiliate Diversity and Inclusion
Chair told us about the Diversity and Inclusion committee that she is chair,
and explained the activities that was done at state convention to help
members attending the convention to feel more at ease at convention. She
then led a discussion about Diversity and Inclusion through the activities
done at state convention. Members who attended state convention gave
comments about their feelings on how state convention and other members gave
comments on how Inclusion can help members attend state convention in the
future. Kirk asked those attending the meeting for introductions to Please
introduce yourself and tell us "If I had a time machine, what period in
history would I travel to and why?" A motion was made and seconded that the
September & October chapter minutes be approved as posted and the motion was
passed by the members attending the meeting. Cherri Wagner gave the
Treasurer's report with a beginning balance of $905.71 and the ending
balance is $909.71. Jerry Hathaway made a motion to have the Treasurer's
report with member seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the
members attending the meeting. Kirk reminded members that the chapter is
collecting dues 2023. Joy asked what was the policy on contacting members
about paying dues and Kirk explained what the chapter has done in contacting
members about paying dues. Kirk asked members who went to state convention
to express their opinions & feelings about state convention. Kirk also told
us the changes that was made through the elections that was held at state
convention. Kirk asked Joy who is on the re-activation committee to tell
chapter members what the committee is planning to do to help re-vitalize
chapters in Oregon. Joy told us that there will be two meetings in February
with one being in Portland and the second one being in Salem. Kirk brought
the topic of eventually moving from having chapter meetings on Zoom platform
and having meetings in person at some central location and start by having
in person meetings every three months and the rest of the meetings on Zoom.
The chapter discussed this and decided for now to stay on Zoom until we can
locate a place that we might be able to use for a meeting location to have
in person meetings. Kirk said that he will post the link for November's
Presidential release. We had elections of the chapter officers. Ryan
conducted the election for president and Kirk Wagner was elected President.
Kirk then conducted the rest of the nominations elections of the remaining
officers. The remaining officers that were elected were Ryan McBee for
Vice-President, Jerry Hathaway for Secretary, and Joy Relton for Treasurer.
Kirk adjourned the chapter meeting.

Submitted by:

Jerry Hathaway, Secretary