[Rose_City_Chapter] June chapter meeting minutes

Jerry Hathaway jerry.hathaway2 at frontier.com
Wed Jul 14 19:30:32 UTC 2021

I am pasting the minutes from our June chapter meeting. Please take a look at them and let me know if there any changes or corrections or if they are good.

NFB of Oregon

Rose City Chapter

Meeting Minutes June 19, 2021

                Kirk called the meeting to order at 10:30 AM. Members attending the meeting were Kirk & Cherri Wagner, Ryan Mc Bee, Jerry Hathaway, Joyce Green, Jerry Garafolo, & Jack & Mary Ann Mendez. Joyce Green made a motion to have the minutes from our May chapter meeting to be approved as distributed with Mary Ann seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Joyce Green gave the Treasurer’s report with a beginning balance of $972.00 and the ending balance of $910.00. Jerry Hathaway made a motion to have the Treasurer’s report be approved as read with Jack Mendez seconding the motion and the motion was passed by the members attending the meeting. Kirk informed the members that Joyce asked Providence Hospital if we can resume meeting there in person. The hospital told Joyce we can meet back at the hospital when they remove the restriction for outside groups can have their meetings at the hospital in person. Joyce said that she will check periodically check with the hospital to see when they will open to outside groups to meet at the hospital. Kirk reminded members that the agenda for national convention is available on the NFB website and on Newsline. Mary Ann Mendez has taken over talking with Newsline and she will pursue getting our questions answer and we will know on what areas to work in making Newsline awareness in Oregon. Kirk played the Presidential release for June. Kirk ask the members to think about Meet the Blind Month activities that we may want to do in October since he has not heard from Casey Eye about the Macular workshop that they usually have every 18 months and that we usually have a table at their event. Kirk adjourned the meeting.

Submitted by:

Jerry Hathaway, Secretary