[NFB-Oregon-Announce] Request for National Convention Assistance

NFB of Oregon president at nfb-oregon.org
Sat Mar 2 21:09:28 UTC 2024

Hello All,

The National Federation of the Blind is holding our annual convention this year in Orlando Florida from July 3 through the 8, 2024.  If you are interested in receiving financial assistance to that convention, you will need to write a letter of request, and send it to me no later than March 20th.  Your letter should include, but is not limited to:

The chapter to which you belong (if any)
Any programs or events of the Federation that you have participated in over the past year
Financial need (if any)
How much money you are requesting

This is available only to members of the NFB of Oregon in good standing.  Anyone who receives assistance from the Oregon Affiliate will be expected to attend all general sessions and other meetings that will support your work in the Federation.  You will also be required to work in the Independence Market, or other volunteer work that may be needed at the convention.

If you have never attended a National Convention before, you can also apply for a Kennith Jernigan Scholarship from the National Organization.  If you are applying for a first timers scholarship, please let me know, as you will need a letter of recommendation from me.
Please do not respond directly to this email.  Send letters to:

President at nfb-oregon.org.

Carla McQuillan
President
National Federation