[NFB-Oregon-Announce] NFB National Convention

president at nfb-oregon.org president at nfb-oregon.org
Fri Jul 10 20:15:33 UTC 2020

Greetings All,

As we get closer to Convention, I have a few announcements:

If you are a dues paid member of the NFB, and are registered for the Convention, please folllow the link below to register to vote no later than Sunday, July 12.  Voting will be done via phone: that could be a cell or land line phone.  Be sure to fill in the number that you will be using to vote, because no other number will register your vote.

https://www.nfbvote.org/

If you will be attending the gathering in Eugene, there are a couple of things you will want to know:

* We will be meeting at the Veteran’s Memorial Building at 1626 Willamette in Eugene at 3:30 PM on Thursday.  Some of you may want to come directly to the Vet’s Hall, rather than the hotel.  The Opening Ceremonies start then, and I need to be set up and ready to announce Oregon on the floor.  I would like as many of us as possible to cheer in the background.If you arrive by 2:45, you may ride with someone from the hotel to the Hall.

* I’d like for everyone to bring a door prize to be given to the members in attendance. It doesn’t have to be more than $10-$20 in value.

Lastly, some people have been asking about the gift card drawing.  After some thought and discussion, We have decided to put it off until things get a little less crazy.  We may start at the state convention, and draw at Washington Seminar in February.  I would like to hear people’s thoughts on that.
That’s all for now.  Take Care, and keep safe!

Carla McQuillan
President,
National Federation of the
Blind of Oregon